Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Change is Good

It's been six months since the Lord started a work in me that I was not ready for nor would I have chosen for myself.  The perfect storm of change- becoming single, changing jobs, and my parents moving to Richmond. While most of this has been good, ever step of this has been met with ups and downs and a lot of stubbornness (from me).

But looking back, I am so thankful for the beauty of this season that came in struggle, pain, change, deeper friendships, stronger sense of who God has made me to be, boundaries, deeper love and heartache. It is funny how God uses change to shape me into the person He created me to be.

During this season, I've been gifted with opportunities to do things I would not have been able to do without the changes.  I rediscovered some loves and passions of mine.  I learned to rest. I get to see my family more often.  I welcomed two very special kids home and have spent time loving their family.  I get to work alongside my dad while he share his gifts of teaching as a volunteer.  I have been able to deepen friendships and pour into new ones.  I have learned more about who I am and how my sin causes me to live in ways that God did not design me to live.  I have experienced friends helping in a ways I didn't know they would.  I have been gifted with some new colleagues who inspire me with the gifts God has blessed them with.

YES, I miss things about my life before all the change like my colleagues, the women who taught me what selfless love looks like, and the families who inspired me to serve God.  I also miss luxuries of having a place to stay in Virginia Beach.  And the last of the perfect storm of change the singleness includes a lot of things I miss but there are some things I am not willing to share with the world.

If I had never been willing to embrace these changes then I would have missed out on the growth opportunities, the deeper friendships, shared experiences, and new loves.  So here's to hoping the next six months is full of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment