Monday, February 27, 2012

I am going! I am going! I am going!

As many of you know, I am so excited about my Africa trip.  I actually don't go throughout the day without saying I am going to Africa.  We had an all staff today where we viewed a video called Everday Creativity.  This video had some African scenes and I kept thinking I am going there! I am giddy about this upcoming trip and cannot help but be excited. 

Since the money has been raised, the time has been approved to have off, the travel plans are being set, and I am strating to meet my team, I am realizing how easy it would be to just coast until April 24 when I leave. But today I was challenged to not think that way...

Everyday Creativity was about a National Geographic photographer.  The video had lots of great points (I would highly recommend watching the DVD, however, it is $795 to buy it).  He said if I have not put the training in then I might miss the great "shot".  I am trying to prepare myself for all the Lord has coming up.  I am praying for my heart as I go on this trip.  God has already grown my faith so much since signing up for this trip.  He continues to show off in what He is doing around me. 

Join me in praying for the next couple weeks.  Please be praying that God preps me for what He has planned for me in my weeks in America leading up to Africa, my time in Africa, and my return.  Please be praying that I am focused in my weeks here and that I am still present here and don't miss opportunities here.  Please pray for my time in Africa.  Pray that it is lifechanging, amazing, and inspiring.  Pray that I am able to see God at work in Ethiopia and Uganda.  Lastly, pray for the ability to adjust to what God wants me from me after this trip.  Pray for growth and change in my relationship with Christ. 

Thanks for partnering with me on an adventure.

I am going to Africa! I am going to Africa! I am going to Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment