Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Baby Cottage in Need

Last night on our phone conference we talked about a baby cottage (a orphanage filled w 0 to 3 year olds) that we will be visiting. They are getting by w the basics but are in need.

The last trip that went there was able to pay their yearly rent and after doing so the team found out that the bank was going to evict them the next day had they not had the funds. The woman who runs this facility is truly living out the gospel. Luke 9:48 says "Anyone who welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me," he said. "And anyone who welcomes me welcomes the One who sent me. The least important person among all of you is the most important." (Luke 9:48 NIRV) Let's show these kids how important they are to God.

Many of you know that I was maxed out on space but last night I was told I could take another bag. So we need to fill it. I will be collecting the following things:

- formula
- bottles
- blankets
- onesies
- outfits
- pacifiers
- diapers
- wipes
- DIY baby items accepted for the crafty people
- money and I will purchase these items

Like new/ gently used items are accepted. (Hope Thrift and Once Upon a Child)

I know we have a time crunch but God seems to be good w those. If you did not read the story of how this trip was paid for or the time crunch you should now. :)

Deadline: 4/24 as I leave 4/25 at 6:45 am. Call/email if you have things and I will pick them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment