Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sunday in Uganda

So today we went to Pastor Samuel's church. After the church service we came back to play with our little ones in the Canaan Children's Home.

They had planned a presentation for us. It was absolutely the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Every group had a song/dance/act. The younger ones sang a sweet song that said Telephone to Jesus, telephone to Jesus, telephone to Jesus everyday. Hello' i want to talk to Jesus. which had me melting and then the little ones sang telephone to mommy, telephone to mommy, telephone to mommy everyday, I want to talk to mommy everyday!

Oh I was so unglued! My heart was breaking. Why was I blessed with a mom? Why do I get to talk to my mom everyday and they don't? Why was my mom able to take care of me and there mom wasn't? A rush of emotion was flooding me and I didn't know how to respond.

After their wonderful presentations, we then did our VBS stations with them. We were able to make the shirts! Oh how chaotic this was. But everyone was so proud of their shirts! Thanks again to those who donated so that every kid could get a tshirt to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment