Sunday, April 1, 2012

Give me the control

My oh my March came and went. I was hoping April would be quieter. One could hope that I would have some time to catch up on the 6 reports and case notes I have ...but we are only in day four of April and we have another baby getting discharged from the hospital. If you've lost count that is 10 placements for the year so far. To put this in perspective I normally have 12 placements for an entire year. I don't say this to complain. I also don't say this to say yea is me. I say this so you will understand why I will talk about my desire for control and God's desire for The control.

In the midst of my crying fest tonight, I realized there was little in my life I had control over.

No control over how many babies are placed at work or how much client activity I have. I am sure my colleagues feel the exact opposite frustration. I have no control over when the babies are born.

Yet if I stop to realize God has put 10 babies in Christian homes. He has comforted and provided peace for those birth moms. He has equipped those interim care families and adoptive families. How cool is that? I would have missed that if I was in control.

Housing is another place where I have a lack of control. I found a roommate and we are planning on staying in my current apartment. However right now we still have yet to sign a lease. If you missed that I am basically living here w no lease since 3/31. I am a little stressed out and wanting to know where I am going and if I should pay rent.

The housing issues are stretching me to trust Him. He is reminding me he takes care of my needs.

God keeps telling me He is in control. But this control freak is having a hard time. I find myself trying to escape and run away to Africa. But I know that's not solving anything because I will have to trust God and give Him the control over there too. So that's where I am at. Trying to trust God and the others that God put in my life.

Please be praying for these upcoming weeks as I leave. I know in my head that Gods plan is perfect and so is his timing. Be praying that I remember that in my heart. Be praying that in my fears I am still nice to everyone.

-------------------------------------------
Many of you have said "I want to donate but you already have enough money so is there something else i can do?" I now have a list of some things that we are trying to collect:

Face paint

Crayons

Stickers

Children's books

Bubbles

Coloring books (Jesus related)

If you are in Virginia Beach you can drop/coordinate w my parents to bring things there. I will get it from them. If you are a Richmond-er, you can email me and I'll come pick it up. All else email me and we will come up w a plan.

If you have already made a donation this is not something that you need to do so please don't feel obligated to do this. I am so appreciative of how much everyone has helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment